OZONE IN SEWERAGE
Ozone works effectively in Sewerage and for Wastewater Treatment, beset with various contamination issues. The Ozonation system is economically and technologically the best when compared with another habitual treatment. Ozonation system propose the following benefits.
- There is no need to purchase, chip or store chemical oxidants/ disinfectants.
- There is no main manpower/labor required.
- Numerous health and safety anxiety can be eliminated
How ozone helps in sewage waste water treatment?
1. COLOUR REMOVAL – Float up waters are generally colored by natural organic resources like humic, fulvic and tannic acids. These compounds crop up from the decay of vegetative materials and are usually related to condensation products, they include conjugated multiple carbon bonds. When the series of double bonds extend upwards of twenty, the color combination shows up in the visible spectrum. Ozone shatter organic double bonds and these are eliminated successfully thus the color fades. Surface water can usually be decolonized when treated with 2 to 4 ppm of Ozone.
2. REMOVAL OF HEAVY METALS – Ozone oxidizes and increase the metals to their higher oxidation state in which they regularly form less soluble oxides and easy to separate by filtration.
EI. Iron is frequently in the ferrous condition when it is dissolved in water. With ozone, it yields ferric iron, further oxidized in water to Ferric Hydroxide that is insoluble and rapidly during filtration. Other metals: Arsenic (in the presence of Iron), Cadmium, Chromium, Cobalt, Copper, Lead, Manganese, Nickel, Zinc – covered in a similar way. At Ozone levels above 4 ppm Manganese will form soluble permanganate, shows up has pink shade.
3. ENHANCED COAGULATION & TURBIDITY REMOVAL –
Oxidation of break through organic resources by Ozone results in frigid and charged molecules that can react with Polyvalent Aluminum or Calcium to forms to descend. healing of a surface water with up to 0.5 ppm of ozone results to decrease in turbidity, improved settle capability and a reduction in the number of particles. Referred to as pre-ozonation, this treatment destabilizes the colloid with a ensuing reduction of the amount of coagulant desired and produces a clear filtrate.
4. ALGAE REMOVAL –
Ozonation of a water contaminated with Algae oxidizes that floats the Algae to the top of the tank. The ozone will also oxidize the metabolic by-products of the Algae get rid of the undesirable smell and taste.
Applications of ozone in WASTE WATER
- Oxidation of organic waste.
- Cyanide destruction.
- Ground water petrochemical oxidation.
- Heavy metal precipitation.
- Pulp & paper effluents.
- Textile Mill effluents.
- Textile Dye, Starch, FOG (Fate, Oil, Grease) elimination.
- Pesticide, herbicide and insecticide elimination.
- BOD reduction of domestic waste.
- Secondary treatments for municipal waste water.
- Mining heavy metal precipitation.
Why Ozone is used in waste water treatment?
- Powerful disinfectant
- No residual (compared to chlorine)
- Stronger oxidant (compared chlorine/UV)
Ozone can be utilized to treat wastewater acquire from hospitals and medical communities. Due to the superior oxidation properties of Ozone through schematic treatments and through CD OZONE’s high ozone concentration at over 6% by weight, we can process (and have) these complex waste streams with very good results.
If you have a specific query reach out to us to and see how ozone works wonders!